Homemade granola is super tasty and super easy. It a great addition to yogurt or by itself as a snack when you are on the go. The best thing about this recipe is you can adjust to your personal preference.
2 cups of old fashion oats
1/3 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup raw almonds
1/2 cup coconut flakes or chips
1/3 cup flax seed
1/4 cup chia seeds
1 cup raisins
1 cup dried fruit (cranberries/blueberries/cherries/banana chips)
Other optional additions: walnuts, cashews, pecans, macadamia nuts, mixed nuts. (whatever grains you like you can add!)
3/4 cup natural peanut butter or almond butter or both
2 tbsp organic coconut oil
3/4 cup honey
If you want it sweeter add a tablespoon of brown sugar or maple syrup
1) Mixed grains together spread on a cookie sheet and toast @ 350 for 10-12 minutes
2) In medium sauce pan combine ingredients bring to a boil over medium heat and immediately remove from heat
3) In a large bowl combine sauce with oat mixture.
4) Press mixed ingredients flat on a greased cookie sheet. (Or you can use baking paper)
5) Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes.
6) Let cool, cut, serve, and enjoy. Put leftover granola in zip lock baggies to take with you on the go.